Mercoledì, 10 Febbraio 2016 10:21

<div>News24.com | Ses'khona march unauthorised - City of Cape Town</div>

Scritto da 
Vota questo articolo
(0 Voti)

Cape Town - Ses’khona People’s Rights Movement are taking tothe streets despite the group only having permission for a gathering in the CBDon Thursday.

According to the organisers, they have been grantedpermission

to march to the DA offices in Mill Street.

But City of Cape Town spokesperson Priya Reddy said thegroup is only permitted to gather at Keizergracht. The march, she said, isunauthorised.

DA spokesperson Liza Albrecht told News24 the DA hadpermission to gather in front of their office, but decided to call it off afterSes’khona was denied permission to march.

"The idea was for the DA to make a stand when they arrived,"she said.

Ses’khona convenor Sulyman Stellenboom said they would maketheir way from District Six to the CBD by midday.

He insisted they had been authorised to take to the streets.

"It’s about calling out the DA for their racism. Therehave been a number of reports in the media about what is going on in the cityand they [DA-led government] have to do something about it," he said.

The group would be handing over a memorandum to the party,Stellenboom said.

Letto 118 volte
Devi effettuare il login per inviare commenti

Powered by

Questo sito utilizza cookie tecnici e di profilazione propri e di terze parti per le sue funzionalità e per inviarti pubblicità e servizi in linea con le tue preferenze. Se vuoi saperne di più o negare il consenso a tutti o ad alcuni cookie clicca qui.

  Chiudendo questo banner, scorrendo questa pagina o cliccando qualunque suo elemento acconsenti all'uso dei cookie.