Domenica, 07 Febbraio 2016 16:11

News24.com | High school sex video shocks Durban school

Scritto da 
Vota questo articolo
(0 Voti)

Durban - A high school in Durban has been embroiled in a sex scandal after a video emerged of a 15-year-old girl having sex with four boys in a classroom, a report

has said.

The video was allegedly taken by one of the boys involved, and came to the attention of police last week after a teacher saw the video and reported it, the Citizen reported.

Fifteen boys have been arrested, with five of them appearing in the Durban Magistrate’s court on Wednesday.

The other 10, who are below the age of consent, were released into the custody of their parents.

According to the paper, the emergence of the video has split members of the school community, with the parents of the boys seemingly upset with the teacher who reported it.

The parents claimed that the girl, who is under the legal age of consent, had had sex with the boys willingly, and was known for "being loose".

Another pupil, however, said incidents similar to this one had been swept under the carpet previously, and was happy that it had now been brought to light.

Other incidents around the country

In November, a teacher at one of Pretoria’s most prestigious schools quit following sexual abuse allegations, Eyewitness News reported.

The report said two St Albans College pupils had come forward with claims that the teacher had sexually assaulted them.

The teacher resigned after an internal investigation and police were investigating the matter.

In June last year, the Plettenberg Bay community was rocked by another alleged sex crime against a child, after claims surfaced that a school handyman sexually assaulted a 6-year-old boy at a popular pre-school, News24 reported.

The 34-year-old man was arrested and appeared in the Plettenberg Bay Magistrate’s Court, where it came to light that he had not only been out on parole during the time of the alleged incident, but also had two previous convictions – one for attempted murder and another for assault.

In August, a forensic audit into an alleged scandal that rocked the education industry over sex-and-cash for school principal positions was due for completion, City Press reported.

Deputy Minister of Basic Education Enver Surty had said in Parliament that there were many whistle-blowers, who had handed over good evidence to the department.

"Initially, the report would have been completed in June this year [2015]. However there were many people who brought new evidence and information to our attention and we were then required to investigate and look at the new evidence," said Surty.

Letto 169 volte
Devi effettuare il login per inviare commenti

Powered by

Questo sito utilizza cookie tecnici e di profilazione propri e di terze parti per le sue funzionalità e per inviarti pubblicità e servizi in linea con le tue preferenze. Se vuoi saperne di più o negare il consenso a tutti o ad alcuni cookie clicca qui.

  Chiudendo questo banner, scorrendo questa pagina o cliccando qualunque suo elemento acconsenti all'uso dei cookie.